Monday 10 November 2014

These are the days

My life might not get any better than this.

I'm:
24.
Living downtown.
Single.
Educated.
In post-grad studies.
Making new friends.
Spending time with old friends.
Networking.
On a professional committee.
Loving my roommate.
Going to church.
Volunteering.
Spending time with family.
Walking my dog more.
Seeking an internship.
Praying.


I love my life, and this is quite possibly the happiest I've ever been. I've made amazing changes in the last year. I've taken a lot of leaps of faith, and they've all been for the better.

It's so easy to take all the little things for granted. It's so easy to get caught up in the craziness of life and begin to feel overwhelmed. All the appointments and deadlines and commitments, they can consume you if you let them. Simply take a step back, breathe, and think about all the great things you have going for you. Stress less about the scheduling, and be grateful for the gifts you have. Make a list and keep it on your mirror as a constant reminder that life is good, and these are the reasons why... x, y, z.

Five years from now, my life is probably going to look completely different. I might be married, or have children, or I might live in a completely different part of the world. I need to appreciate everything in my life right now, because before I know it, it could all change. I started high school over a decade ago, and I thought life was great then. It's crazy how time flies.

I can't imagine my life being any better than it is this year. Ten years from now I want to look back on being 24 and remember how amazing this year has been. I want to make that list and keep it somewhere safe. Who knows, maybe I'll look back at that list when I'm 34 and think, "and I thought life was great then".

This really is the time of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment